Thursday, November 10, 2011

Skylar's Stuff Shop--A Success!

I came up with an idea a few weeks ago--that I would be just like the Ice Cream Man that comes in our neighborhood every now and then, except I would sell candy (Yes, I realize I would be called the Candy Man. Don't laugh! Well, I guess Candy Girl would be more appropriate.), among other things. Well, today I finally launched it! :) I had planned earlier today to make Chocolate Chip Cookies, and when I asked the Twins, A.K.A. Abby and Britney (Our next-door neighbors, and my friends) if they would like one, of course they said yes! So, they came over, and I decided now would be a perfect time. They had gone home for a minute to check in when I put the box full of candy outside. When they came back over, they thought I was giving it out for free, but when they found out that it cost money, they added up the total for all the things they wanted, and went home to go get money! I was surprised, because I didn't think my Stuff Shop would actually work, but it did!  When the cookies were done (They were GIANT!!), the Twins came back over, with more money, and bought a few more things. It started raining after that, so they went home, but a few minutes later they came running over,  holding up more money, yelling "We got more money! Mama let us get  a dollar out of our rainy day savings!"  "Is your rainy day savings actually FOR a rainy day, or something?" "No, it's just called that."
So, by the end of the day, I had made about $5.00.  Not bad for a first day, if you ask me. And only 2 people came over!!
I've figured out a schedule: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'm going to sell candy & food stuff, & Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I'm going to sell other stuff, like M & M pen holders, and rings and stuff like that.

Well, just wanted to post about the success of Skylar's Stuff Shop!!!


Au Revoir!
~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment