Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Book Month!!

Alright, first off, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TORI, A.K.A VMF!! Her birthday is tomorrow :) Her favorite color is yellow, so that's why the letters are :)



I know we're already a WEEK into March, but I'm a little late :) I had this awesome idea (And if you must know, it was a week ago, but I've been lazy so I'm just ow getting around to it.) that I would post every day, and it will have one story from Aesop's Fables, and then one review of another book. Oh, and regular stuff of course :) Sooo, let's start!! :D (I am going in order of how the appear in the book, i.e. I am not picking specific stories.)

Well, there's really not a WHOLE lot to report, actually. Oh, I might be getting a Kindle Fire :) Okay....I'll go ahead and skip to the story & review!

Review:
The Double Daring Book For Girls
By: Andrea J. Buchanan & Miriam Peskowitz

This. Book. Is. So. AWESOME!!!! I learned SO many things from the book!! They have everything from How to become President of the United States of America, to Fun things to do with paper. It's a really great book for when you're bored, because even if I never do anything in the book, just reading it is fun :D

Aesop's Fables Story:
The Fox and The Grapes


A hungry Fox saw some fine bunches of Grapes hanging from a vine that was trained along a high trellis, and did his best to reach them by jumping as high as he could into the air. But it was all in vain, for they were just out of reach: so he gave up trying, and walked away with an with of dignity and unconcern, remarking "I thought those Grapes were ripe, but I see now they are quite sour."
*
Small-minded people scorn what they can't have.

And there you are :) Byee!!
~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment