Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bloom where you are planted!

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.”

While looking at other options for our future living arrangements, my Husband and I came upon the same idea. although we were thinking and praying seperately even in different locations, we were thinking along the same lines. Talk about being one!! I have found in the past, that this happens to us alot. God's ways are often mysterious! (To us human beings!!) While we would prefer a smaller dwelling, we believe that God is showing us uses for our extra space. We are praying about using our extra bedroom, which is actually a master bedroom, to host a Bible Study Group. We have found it a struggle as we are trying to remain apart from the world as much as possible, to find a Church that is not conforming to the world. We removed our television from our home about six years ago and have been trying to avoid Pagan Holidays and Pagan Traditions that are ensconced within Christian Holidays.

Following what we believe to be God's will for our path, we will bloom where we are planted. There may be a time (Weeks, months?) where we are still dealing with some of the issues that we have, and then we plan to begin a mission of Hospitality and Healing through our Lord, Jesus Christ. I have come to believe that because of the issues that I have come to deal with in my life that God has helped me through, that maybe I can with the Lord's help be a help to someone else going through the same issues.Maybe that was the whole point of my suffering. As always, God holds my hand through the darkness, and I will follow Him, and His plan for my life. Thank you lord for opening my eyes and allowing me to see the opportunities to witness and serve for you around me!

Moving down the simple path,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment